Saturday, October 27, 2007

What we value is the health,contentment,and independence we earn...not the money we are missing


I was born and raised in the city. In a suburban setting that taught me to value work over health, striving for more over contentment, and a superficial sense of control over simple independence. As I became older, I understood that I was "living to work" instead of the opposite. Keeping up with the Jones' will keep you chasing the happiness there in your tail. There are few things worse than the realization that you control.. ZIP...NADA...nothing! (absolutely that is) the proof of which comes precisly when it would've been the handiest to have had it. Don't even get me started on money! Have you ever looked into your over-stuffed wallet and felt mocked? As if your money laughs at you? Because you were fool enough to trade the only thing of value you had for the hapiness it did'nt buy.
In the 47 years I've been alive I think that I've really "lived" perhaps two. Two years of feeling as if I belonged somewhere, that I had a connection with "something" that was more than worthy of all I could invest. All things are a process and so am I ...but am I finally in a place where that can happen? It's a little bit like spending your whole life looking for a restroom. Your body tells you "i need to go" so you seek out a place where you feel safe or have some privacy and you"go". I looked for a lot of years because my mind was telling me I had to "grow". That I had to find a place where I could find "rest." and thats what I did...these are my stories, my blog is called "seeking the kingdom" because its Gods kingdom I'm seeking, and his blessings that i've found.

1 comment:

Teri said...

At least you can identify two years! Lucky guy!