Sunday, August 30, 2009

On Sunset Hill

IMG_0092_edited

That's what I've taken to calling our new place, it's definitely on a hill and the view of the sunset is wonderful! We've been here one week today, and so far we've cleaned and painted, put up sheetrock,taped and mudded, done trimwork,electrical work, the difference is amazing! When I first saw the place I'll admit I was creeped out. The inside was the worst, (I'll spare you the details) save to say that I didn't feel comfortable to sit anywhere because of the amount of dust and cobwebs all over everything. Of course I've still got a lot of work yet to do but at least it seems livable now. I'm anxious to share a few pictures I've taken, mostly of the chickens...
IMG_0088

This hen hatched out a couple of chicks the day before we moved. It's kind of interesting how they go "broody", they won't leave the nest hardly at all for about a month. This hen seems to be recuperating pretty well, she's the envy of the other hens with her brood in tow. One of the younger dogs got too close to her chicks and it was hysterical the way she ran him off!

IMG_0087

It's quite a bit different living here, mostly because I'm not at the end of the road anymore and I actually see cars driving by instead of just hearing them in the distance like I did before. It's really nice being just off of a paved road too, I had so many tire problems because of the two and a half mile's of dirt and rocks I had to drive down at the other place. It may just be the "newness" of being in a different place, but I really like it here!

IMG_0097_edited

It's summertime now and I'm off from driving the school bus. That's just one example of how the timing of this whole thing has been kind of incredible. So many things have fallen into place that I could never have arranged, little things and big things. A lot of things could've very easily turned differently and made this a very difficult experience... but they didn't and I am SO thankful for that! I'm thankful to the Lord! It's difficult to explain to people how that you've dodged the bullet time and time again and all of the uncanny circumstances that only you could know. I've heard people say that it takes a whole lot more faith to dis-believe in God than it does to believe in Him and in my case I know that's true! I'm also sure there are people who think I'm just a "Fool on the Hill", or that whats happened to me is a result of my "mistakes" in life. Lots of people will tell you that money doesn't buy happiness, but then they'll shake their heads in disbelief or even anger that you would under any circumstances allow this to happen. In my own defense, I can only say that I've tried to make all my little decisions with my head and all my big ones with my heart. This story's a long way from over...stay tuned!

No comments: