Friday, April 9, 2010

Gods In It...(Pt.1)

Note to readers: This blog is a narrative of an as of yet still unfolding story which is my life. I've included numerous links to blogs I wrote over the last four years on Yahoo 360 before it's demise which serve as the "storyline" or Back story. I've never done a three part piece but due to the complexity and length of the story I felt it was necessary. I do hope that you enjoy it...

Do you see the working of the Holy Spirit in your life on a regular basis? As human's we're entitled to see the events and circumstances of our lives in any way we choose according to our own beliefs. It's the central feature of our free will to acknowledge something or nothing supernatural as playing a part in our lives. Many people believe in only what they can see, in the works of men or in their own abilities, some in luck and coincidence, still others see everything as having an intelligent plan behind it, they believe that everything happens for a reason, that there are no accidents and everything happens "on purpose". I think this synopsis covers most of the bases, personally I believe that because God loves me He is vitally and passionately interested in every detail of my life! I can look back upon the years of my life and see His hand on me, places where He guided me, counseled me, and delivered me from and through so many things. I can also very easily see His love for me through His care and provision in my life. One thing I've noticed about how God seems to work is that when He does something it's never about just one person. Whatever He does always affects many people who are related through circumstances in a positive way.

Gin rummy is a card game where you collect cards that have some sequential relationship to each other and then lay them down for points. The ultimate goal is to match up every card you have into a set of some type leaving you card-less and thus achieving "Gin"!

My card game began back in February of '06 early one morning when I fell on my slightly damp and slippery rough sawed oak front steps and completely tore my rotator cuff. After my surgery I was off of work for about 6mo's. During that summer my wife also unfortunately lost her job as a nurse because of a procedural error she was blamed for which resulted in her nursing license being suspended. In August I went back to work and was digging myself out of the deep hole I was in when I was told my child support would be going from the 400.00 a month plus 150.00 towards arrears that I was regularly paying to a new total of 700.00 a month because of some medical bills I'd never seen but that I was now liable for. Also, it was decided by the government that I and my daughter needed to be automatically enrolled in the health care plan offered by my employer which cost me over 300.00 more a month, she already had insurance but hey, more is better right? In order to try and cope with this financial tsunami I decided that the only thing for me to do was to try and get a better paying job. After completing an over the phone interview, J.B. Hunt told me that I was hired and that I should go to St. Louis, Mo. and report to orientation classes which I did. ( I'm not sure how it has to do with the overall story but I feel as though I need to mention that my father passed away in July of this year which was immediately prior to my trip to St.Louis) Three days into it they told me that they can't hire me because I have a preventable accident on my record. I was involved in an accident while driving an 18 wheeler in '05 but I wasn't cited for it by the investigating DOT officer's. After I quit working for them the company turned the accident in to the driver advocacy council (DAC) as being my fault which essentially black-balled me from getting any driving job. I came home in disgust, and a gentleman whom I had talked to previously about logging my property called me up out of the blue and said he could get right on it! I made a couple thousand dollars that I used to try and start up a home based internet business with a friend of mine which promptly failed. Everything I became involved with failed pretty much right away, nothing I tried worked out! I remember at one point I was desperately trying to sell firewood, it was a Sunday and I had a load sold that was about three quarter's finished. I decided that I wouldn't finish the load because it was Sunday and I wanted to observe the sabbath. That night it rained hard and the next day when I tried to get my truck out it sank down to the axles in mud! That truck sat there for probably 3 months before my stepson brought out his skidder and winched it out.
I was getting discouraged...

No comments: