Monday, August 15, 2011

Get Closer

Several weeks ago I read a post by a woman explaining why her stock answer to anyone who had needs or problems of any kind was for them to simply "get closer" to God. In my heart I understood the truth of what she was saying but I also understood how someone might react incredulously or see it as a trite or flippant answer. Since then I've discovered many other bits of wisdom and insight as I browsed various social media sources that seemed to speak to the same issue. Like this one...

If, for you, belief requires "a leap of faith," you are not yet near God. In his presence, there is no gap to leap over.

The video I posted in my previous blog also spoke about Christian people having a much deeper relationship with our Father through Christ and The Holy Spirit.

I think I'm starting to get the message!

As followers of Christ, as vessels of His Holy Spirit, as heirs through our adoption and with Christ as the firstborn, what I believe God's wanting us to do is to be His presence, to carry His glory with us in this world, to shine brightly into as many darkened lives as we can and to live lives of victory over sin! In all of the challenges we face, not only in our lives but also in those of people we encounter everyday I think God does simply want us to take authority in Jesus' name over sin sickness and death! What's most important is that we abide in Him and He in us, all of the stuff in our lives that's purpose is to distract us from His peace will only continue if we decide to focus on it instead!

I absolutely love what Jesus says here!

John 17:21-23

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

If reading that doesn't leave you feeling empowered you may want to check your "spiritual pulse"

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_NdTYcUvr4&w=560&h=349]

No comments: