Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?





Just about everyone has heard this catch phrase pitched by one of the largest telecom providers in the U.S. It's a brilliant marketing concept that works because we can relate to it,because everyone who has a cell phone has said it at least once if not hundreds of times.

The point being, as the commercial says, "It's the network."

You can trust us, we don't mind being put to the test because we know how important it is to you...and if it's important to you, well....thats the whole reason we're here!

WOW! that's service, It's the kind of service you'd recommend to a friend or to a family member.

It's the kind of service you can trust when your very life may depend on it.

That's why they're number one, why they can't build cell towers fast enough to keep up with the demand!

Friend, given what you and I know about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are we anywhere near as enthusiastic about sharing Him with others as we should be? (we have a "network" too)

Psalm 34:8 (King James Version)
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.


I love sweets, there's a salvage grocery store close to me that recently got in a shipment of Russell Stover thin mints and peanut butter cups. They're so good, and they're selling them for dirt cheap, so after I had tried them I came back and bought some more. I wanted to share them with basically anyone and everyone I could! (LOL) They're SO cheap,and so good, there's just no reason everyone shouldn't enjoy them!

Salvation is like that, (except it's not "cheap")

John 3:16 (King James Version)
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2 Corinthians 6
1 As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it. 2 For God says,
“At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.”
Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

It's a free gift to us from God! And sweet? What could be sweeter? Imagine standing before God on judgment day looking over the edge there and seeing hell and then looking over the other way and seeing heaven, knowing absolutely that the life you've led here would qualify you for uh, (down there) where there IS no cell service, and the only network consists of the minions of the devil conspiring as to how to most painfully torture you!

Romans 6:23 (New International Version)
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

WOO-HOO! I do feel like running and jumpin! I am going to shout it out to whoever will listen!

Timothy 1:15 (King James Version)
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

We as people tend strongly to talk about what we love! I'm thinking of making a bumper sticker that says...

Ask Me About My Savior!

The one thing I'm proudest of, that I feel most compelled to boast about, is what Jesus has done for me! I'll not stay silent about my deliverance from the lies of the enemy, or about my transformation through the renewing of my mind, I'm going to put my lamp on a post where it can shine!

Revelation 3:20 (King James Version)

20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.









No comments: