Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Old Tree

Generation after generation it stood, even before the school was built or the playground was laid out around it. Under it's bough's children played, hiding their faces and counting or digging in the dirt around it's flowing roots. Under it's bough's first kiss's and other games were played by dirty faced moppet's, noses were bloodied, honor defended.

It was a wonderful listener! It heard their confessions and brought them comfort...



AK000717 by you. Indeed, It was a grand life!AK000719 by you.

Oh Great tree! I climbed up high to see,
what was out there just waiting for me.
you gave me hopes,
inspired my dreams,
and challenged me don't you see?

AK000715 by you.
So don't cry at my passing...my life has run it's course.
my roots still run deep in the soil.
As long as there's children,
and playgrounds,
and Oak's,
I'll abide,with my acorn's and yours.

AK000713 by you.




AK000699 by you.
Just like childhood, all things must pass...
yielding treasures of rock and glass
so life is a mystery, and so then are you
how they got there? we may never know...

No comments: