Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back and Forth and Back and forth...

This is the life of an over the road truck driver. Day in and day out,i'm movin on,or at least trying to!I'm pretty sure that the constant velocity (g-forces) has some sort of negative effect on the human brain.It sure would explain alot of things that I've noticed about truck drivers.As a whole,they're a swell bunch of guys (perhaps in need of a shower) but wow! there are some whose cognitive skills have gone south for the winter and refused to come back.I've seen people with the "thousand mile stare" walking around in a truckstop looking for something,anything...to make the world stop! I want to get off! I feel like I'm still moving..."velocitised" The other day I was listening to a program talking about the shepherds to whom the birth of Christ was announced.They were described as outcasts of society,unable to vote in elections because they were considered too stupid to have an opinion.It was an incredibly lonely occupation,you and the sheep(don't go there),and I realized how much they remind me of truckdrivers.Why did the angels announce the Christ child to shepherds? Considered to be the "dregs" of society? perhaps,like truckdrivers,they were simple men of a contemplative nature,who by society's standards were the lowest caste,but perhaps,spiritualy they ranked somewhat higher.


No comments: