Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Train Wreck

Train Wreck
Train Wreck, Steam Locomotives by born1945.
That's a pretty fair characterization of the current state of the GOP. I'm an Evangelical Christian and an independent voter, my priority issue is abortion, (there I said it) and I will vote for Mc Cain in Nov. but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. Do I feel as though the Mc Cain/Palin ticket represents my values? Yes and no...but mostly NO! They get my vote for being pro-life, even though McCain has no charisma or leadership aspects to his personality or a well thought out plan for our economic recovery. Even though his VP choice was apparently too busy fixing the world to deal with her own daughter and to instill in her the values that might of persuaded her daughter not to have had pre-marital sex. OH! there's some tough medicine... At times it seems to me as though the republicans are basically "going through the motions" this election. They have sent McCain out as a scapegoat to take what I predict will be the "beating of a lifetime" this fall. It's really sad, sometimes when I watch McCain on TV and read his facial expressions, he seems very uncomfortable, and he constantly blinks,like he's lying about something. (not good) I could've accepted his choice of a running mate based on her being a "true believer" despite her being a "nobody" but apparently she's not a "shining example" of what it means to be a parent let alone a candidate for the second highest office in the land. "So, it's true! you do shoot your wounded" NO, we just try not to elect them! Am I being way too hard on her? perhaps I am, but I see it as her inability to manage her family as a basic failure of the stuff she claims to represent. I can't just excuse it and brush it aside like most of the people I've heard talk about it are. "come on Alton, she's a human being...you know, a mistake maker...you're being judgmental" Yes, I am! that's the thing about being a public personality, a celebrity, or a candidate for president, I wannna know if you're the real deal or just another person willing to promise anything to me to get my vote, I'm required to make a choice,that involves "judgment". Do you live by the principles that you espouse? Right now, I see both candidates as being disingenuous, Obama will at least admit what a mess we're in as a country, I just have a hard time believing that he's going to somehow turn it around given the tide that's against him. Our lawmakers are mostly self serving crooks, looking to represent the highest bidder. And us, the American people...oh boy! I keep hearing Obama talk about how this "change" has to come from the ground up, not from the top down, and he's right! I just have the hardest time believing that we the American people as a whole have the stomach for it. there's a basic contradiction between what we say we want and what we're willing to sacrifice to obtain it. So we're doomed? well yeah pretty much...Obama may have the "Audacity of Hope" to believe in this country, I do not...the facts simply do not merit it. Instead, I have the "audacity of Hope" to believe that Jesus will someday return and that HE will rule! Man is wholly unfit to govern man, absolute power absolutely corrupts, always!...there is no political solution, to our troubled evolution, (Sting/The Police,spirits in the material world) kind of sums it up doesn't it?

P.S. Perhaps I'll write in "Chuck Norris" for President

No comments: