Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I love my life" (Thank You God!)

333 magnify

Theres something about the month of May, it's kind of the not summer yet but not used to it being spring month...normally here we go from winter to summer but this year WOW! we've probably had 30'' of rain! It's like Spring on steroids...I took these pictures today, I did a small logging job on this rather large farm (over 4000 acres) where there are HUGE tree's. We were mainly just cleaning up some trees that had fallen over a fence and some that had been washed out by the flood.

whattaya think of this bridge? well, luckily we did'nt have to cross it loaded!








most of these are white oak's, which are sometimes used to make "staves" or slats for barrels that they age whiskey in. If you smell white oak when it's being cut it reminds you of where the "flavor" comes from!

AK000106

This photo did'nt come out very well, the horse was camers shy! but LOOK at that hay field back behind him, A sea of grass, waist high, a windy day... mesmerizing to watch its undulations and flow. This is the part where I get all philosophical and talk about how life is like that too, and how we can't really "see" the wind, but we see the effects of it...which is also an answer I give to people who say "I've never seen God, so how do I know that he exists"? (slick huh?) LOL...

And lastly, this photo of a cow trying to do the "limbo" under the electric fence...

AK000105 well, good luck with that one! and to you as well, God Loves You!

No comments: