Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Who is my accuser?

I love this pic, It's awesome! by myboogers. Have you ever had an experience that left you so blessed that you couldn't begin to wrap your mind around it all at once? I have...for the last 10 days I've been in jail. I turned myself in because there was a warrant against me for failure to appear on a contempt charge. I was in contempt of my child support order. For ten days I was blessed to be among some extraordinary people...the imprisoned. It was my privilege to listen to their stories, to share a word of encouragement, and basically just "love on 'em" for a while.

All of us have our issues in life that continue to whip us despite our effort's to change or the pain that they bring into our lives and the lives of others. When we fail to deal with our "issues" correctly, we set in motion a series of circumstances in which we will through our actions, draw to ourselves, new opportunities to "change" For some this means jail time. What I found to be so heart wrenching was that behind the grizzly stubble of the most repugnant inmate is a bewildered child who's become conditioned to being judged by people who simply by the "grace of God" aren't just like them. Whom differentiate themselves by virtue of their great success at "attempting nothing". To of been raised by loving parents, had mature adult coping skills modeled for them, only to lack the courage to walk into the "dark night" these men have walked into. Compelled by their hardwired prime directive to find love.

They say that only God can see into men's hearts, or that it's His exclusive right to "judge men"...but based on what He's shared with me I can tell you for sure that HE"S not our accuser. Instead, He is the lover of our soul's...

No comments: